The “Explore Resources” page is the EaaSI platform’s main portal for discovery. From this overview, users can find resources saved in their node or available across the EaaSI Network.
Each resource card has visual tags to quickly display relevant information like the Resource Type (Environment, Software, or Content) and Network status (Private, Saved, Remote).
The Explore Resources page will display the first 10 resources within each resource category - Environments (which includes both Base and Content Environments), Software and Content. If there are more than 10 resources available in any given category, users can use the “Refine Your Results” sidebar to more narrowly browse, or use the search bar at the top of the screen to find a particular resource.
The “Search resources” bar currently only performs a free-text search based on resource names. Advanced search based on particular metadata fields (Description, Operating System, etc.) is under development with the implementation of the EaaSI metadata application profile.
Any resource on the Explore Resources page can be bookmarked by the logged-in user by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right corner of the resource card:
A bookmarked resource will then be visible on the My Resources page for quick reference/use later.
Environment resources can be refined by Network Status, i.e. whether that Environment is:
- Remote (available at a synced node in the Network but must be replicated to the local node before it can be used)
- Saved (published to the Network and already replicated and available in the user’s local node)
- Private (only available to users in the local node, not available to the Network)
By default, any new Environments, (including derivatives or revisions of Saved Environments) are “Private”. To publish a Private environment to the Network, see Publishing and Replicating Resources.
Environment resource cards also contain two additional tags: “Base” and “Content”.
- Content indicates that the Environment is a Content Environment, meaning it has been associated with a particular Content resource. Content resources are exclusively available to the local node, and Content Environment can not be published to the Network. They will always be “Private”.
- Base indicates any Environment that is not associated with Content. It can be further configured, associated with Software and/or Content resources, or published to the Network to benefit users at other nodes.
Software resource results can only be minimally sorted and refined until implementation of the EaaSI metadata application profile.
In the screenshot above, the “Source Location” field refers to an experimental implementation of sharing Software resources between nodes in the EaaSI Network (mimicking the publishing functionality available with Environments). This feature is not functional in EaaSI v2020.03 and can be ignored by users.
Content results can only be minimally sorted and refined until implementation of the EaaSI metadata application profile.